Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Poetic?

 Today,  I painted this sign for my husband and hung it in our bedroom.  Th sign  says: You are the horizon to my sky, the smile om my face, the water to my ocean, the icing on my cake.  (My beloved is mine and I am his. Song of Songs).

I asked him if he knew why I would choose those words.  I could have also used:  My mac to my cheese, the jelly to my peanut butter,....seriously... I have seen this sign around, too. :)   I told him that I quickly choose  "the horizon to my sky" ..because I wouldn't be complete without him.   The smile on my face..because he makes me happy.   The water to my ocean because when I look at the vastness of the ocean I am in awe and when I think about his love for me and his demonstrations of love for me in the last 22 years of marriage, I am in awe.   The icing on my cake..because he brings sweetness to each day.

Everyone has battles.  I am so glad ..that right now. LOL... our marriage isn't one of them.   I could name plenty of other areas in my life that are full of battles, but sometimes it just seems like I am "beating a dead horse"...

Everyone has trials... we have to look for and dwell on the blessings. 

By the humility and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you—I, Paul, who am “timid” when face to face with you, but “bold” toward you when away! 2 I beg you that when I come I may not have to be as bold as I expect to be toward some people who think that we live by the standards of this world. 3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.  2   Corinthinas 10 


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship