Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Before and After.. Junk Gypsy style...


We only get family  only channels ...and one show I like to watch is  Junk Gypsy.    This is my real-life version of Junk Gypsy.  In order to try to encourage the kids to play more board games, I made two tables that would house board games at the bottom. I took two existing tables that we had and measured with diameter of each.  Then, I went to Lowe's and had them cut plywood to those dimensions.  Next, John-Michael and Madeline helped me drill pilot holes and ..
 attach the rolling casters with wood screws.  Finally,
we painted it all out in a soft grey to pull it all together.

 John-Michael looks thrilled about the painting.LOL...






Here are the after photos of our new game tables..










John-Michael decided he wanted a haircut..so here is his before....before I got the scissors out...


 And here is His after..


 My oldest son...so did not want to have a haircut..but he sooo needed one..  His before...
 Him hiding as we are trying to get before photos...

 His... please-don't-take-my-picture-face...
 His AFTER.. :)    Before and afters...  kind of fun!


Comments

  1. What a great idea! It is a neat idea to get your kids involved. The after shots of Noah's haircut are very cute. He warmed up to the camera for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship