Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Wrecks, toothaches, vacation, erythema nodosum, and more updates

Well, this is what happens when I don't blog for almost two weeks.  There is so much to update you on.  Erythma nodosum is back.  ..just one spot on one leg, but it hurts.  I am going to start juicing fruits and veggies again on Tuesday.  I will eat some meals but they will be limited to fruits and veggies.  I will let you know if it goes away...again.

Vacation.  We went to Folly Beach, South Carolina.  Other than the condo's air conditioning being out the first day, we had a great time!  (I love watching my husband play with the kids).  The weather was nice.  I was able to run on the beach and the kids loved riding the waves.

The day we got back from vacation, I was too tired to cook so I went to pick up Chinese Food at a local restaurant.  I called in my order, arrived to get it..only to discover they had moved 4 doors down.  I got back into Russell's car, drove to the new location to only find out they weren't open.  What was up with that?  I called and placed an order...they said, "15 minutes"...but no one was there.  So...I went to a close by Chinese Restaurant and placed an order.  After waiting and shopping at the Kroger grocery store next door, I picked up the food and got into Russell's car to drive to Wendy's to get a burger for the youngest, as he will not eat Chinese food.  What do I do?  Drive Russell's car..right into a pole..in the middle of the Kroger shopping center.  The air bag didn't go off, but I did manage to jam the wheel into the car (won't move). 
 I was actually praying when it happened...I was praying, "LORD, why did you have me drive all the way over to the first restaurant..when they were closed..was it because I would have been in a very bad wreck?"  WHAM!  I wrecked...not kidding.   It certainly wasn't terrible..but it did enough damaged that this 10 year old car was trashed.  Russell now is the happy owner of this Mini-cooper..
Well, at least he has a really cute car now..they he likes to drive.  He was kind to me..considering a busted his car.  He teased me a bit ..like when  ..with tears rolling down my face...I said, "I am never driving your car again!"... he said, .with a chuckle.."Honey, no one is going to drive that car again!"
Monday I had to get a tooth filled...that thing still hurts...We did get to go see the Braves..but as you know ..they tanked...and didn't make it to the playoffs.   One surprising booth...Gluten free food!   I had a decent grilled gluten free  chicken sandwich!
Well, there are other things .  Dirk (our 8 1/2 year old dog) is sick..off to the vet in the morning.  My in laws have been in and out of the hospital. Pray for their speedy recovery.

Dyslexia update- John-Michael's reading is improving using the software and educational techniques recommeneded by Jill Ham, the   educational consultant we are using...  http://www.k12edconsultant.com/  It has lead to a couple of funny moments.  He was watching the movie, Paul Blart, Mall Cop...and noticed that the guy was getting ready to add hot sauce to his food.  He read the name of the hot sauce, Devil's Crotch...  Then, he begins to say it over, and over, and over.  I had to explain to him what that meant..and it certainly wasn't an appropriate word to say over and over.   Madeline was watching Bugs Bunny and asked me  .."Mama, what is Lour-an-gee?"  ..having seen Bugs Bunny run into this part of the mall....  (what is she saying?????......OHHHHHHH...Lingerie.!!!!!...  I said, "pretty things wives wear for their husbands"....They keep me hopping...and laughing......
  Today, ...a little football...a 6 mile run with a friend..and hopefully just a "no-drama" day.   I will try to get back in the swing of things... in the meanwhile.  Two things I know.... .HE is strong... HE is loving...
Psalm 62- 5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God[c];
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
9 Surely the lowborn are but a breath,
the highborn are but a lie.
If weighed on a balance, they are nothing;
together they are only a breath.
10 Do not trust in extortion
or put vain hope in stolen goods;
though your riches increase,
do not set your heart on them.
11 One thing God has spoken,
two things I have heard:
Power belongs to you, God,
12 and with you, Lord, is unfailing love”;
and, “You reward everyone
according to what they have done.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship