Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Olivie *our deaf dog.....ringing the bell...at 4am..over and over

We have had Olivie' for almost a year.  When we figured out she was deaf, we tried to quickly figure out how to train her/ love her/ befriend her.   So, we took her to a local dog trainer..who told us many things ...such as how to teach her to ring a bell to alert us to when she needs to go outside to potty.  Well, after 9 or more times of her ringing that stupid bell at 4 am...... 2 am...  3 am...etc..., I am just not sure that was oh, so wise....          I think this guy has a more  suitable idea....



Perhaps, I should teach Dirk  (our schnoodle)  how to "tell" Olivie..."Go back to bed...the sun isn't up!"                               LOL... you can ready about Olivie' here.     http://inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/2011/01/bragging-rights.html (You can see a video of Olivie' doing tricks ....answering to my  sign language commands
http://www.inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/#!/2011/06/update-on-our-sweet-olivie-our-deaf.html

http://inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-heart-is-stolen.html

In the above link, I introduced you to our sweet Olivie'. We drove for 6 hours to go pick her up..what a sweet heart. I had Lupe', a papillion- Chihuahua for 15 years. She died from a collapsed trachea in August. I knew I wanted another Papillion but I knew "mixes" were the healthiest, so we got Olivie'. We found out about her added surprise, her deafness, after we had her for about a week. We were concerned about what we read about deaf dogs: aggressive, untrainable, mean. Nothing can be further from the truth.

We took her to puppy training through PetsMart and she was in the top of her class.

http://inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/2011/01/bragging-rights.html

At the above post, you can watch a video of her doing some of what she knows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship