Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Courage ... the call

Today, Noah got his orange belt and we are so proud of the young man he is becoming.   Not long ago, he started training to earn his black belt.  Today, he graduated to his orange belt.  We like the training of his karate program...to instill courage and discipline.  (The karate belts in order...
White,  Orange, Gold (Yellow),Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, Red, , 1st- 5th Degree Black).   We are so glad for the path he is on.

On that note, my husband and I went to a movie today, Courageous... We really enjoyed it.  It was a great reminder of the important things...    This is the blurb from the movies' website:
 Four men, one calling: To serve and protect. When tragedy strikes home, these men are left wrestling with their hopes, their fears, their faith, and their fathering. Protecting the streets is second nature. Raising their children in a God-honoring way? That's courageous.
This is the trailer to the movie...
I do think God gives us all a hard calling.  Life only matters if we answer that calling.
There is another movie about courage...  Barnyard ....

The theme of Barnyard was  really Courage ..wrapped in a humorous shell.... The theme:  "Strong men stand up for themselves...stronger men stand up for others"...   Courage... I am so glad the men in my life have some!
Deuteronomy 31:
5 The LORD will deliver them to you, and you must do to them all that I have commanded you. 6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

(If He says it once study it... if He says it three times... NEVER forget it)...
Joshua 1: 3-9
3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. 4 Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. 5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship