Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Dirk Drama..food issues?

So apparently, even my dog has food issues.  He has had at least 8 episodes of vomiting/diarrhea in the 8 1/2 years we have been his owners.   (yes, I take him to the vet each time.  They send us home with meds ..but no reason for the episode to have occurred).   Well, this  Friday- Monday morning...he had another episode.  My husband and I have shown our love for this dog..by cleaning up after him...in a way..no person should have to... and by forcing anti-nausea medication for dogs down his throat..only it to come right back up..before it could take its full effect.   A couple of hundred dollars later.... the vet tells us our dog has I.B. S.  (yep...irritable Bowel Syndrome)... Lucky us!  Even my dog is allergic to what he is eating.  Gotta laugh.  

Dirk waiting in Dr. Orr's office


In other news....I went blue again... just have to have some fun in the midst of homeschooling, parenting, teaching, painting, care-giving, wrecking cars, etc...    I am juicing again...day one.  I will let you know how having fruit and veggie diet goes.  Here's praying the erythema nodosum goes away for good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship