Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Brokenness vs Wholeness


Brokenness.  This week has seemed to have a theme of brokenness. The brokenness of the world ( baby birds killed by an animal, man making food from human waste), broken friendships, broken bodies (NF, cancer), broken hearts, broken spirits, the brokenness of the spiritual hearts of people…etc.  When I think of brokenness in a believer, I think of sadness.  There is one believer that I have in mind who has been hurt by other believers.  Now that person’s heart is broken, depressed, not willing to risk getting close to believers again.. Brokenness is considered by some to be a good thing.  I think mostly because of
   16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 The sacrifices of God are[c] a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise. Psalm 51: 16-17

We see this verse and have been told that brokenness makes our hearts more sensitive or responsive to the Holy Spirit, but this might not necessarily be so.
Luke 11:35-37  35 Then watch out that the light in you is not darkness. 36 If therefore your whole body is full of light, with no dark part in it, it will be wholly illumined, as when the lamp illumines you with its rays.”

Psalm 35:9-11 9 Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD
and delight in his salvation.
10 My whole being will exclaim,
“Who is like you, O LORD? You rescue the poor from those too strong for them,
the poor and needy from those who rob them.”


Luke 11:33-35 The Lamp of the Body  33 “No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead he puts it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. 34 Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness. 35 See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness.

Praying not for brokenness, but Fullness in CHRIST!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship