Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Update on Erythema Nodosum

I am down to two "hot spots " of Erthema Nodosum, but the swelling in my left leg bugs me. I have these "kankles" that I only had during my pregnancies. I went to  the regular doctor.  She ran all kinds of blood tests, but they all came back normal.   I had another naturopath look at me.  She told me to try giving up all grains but brown rice (no wheat, no oats, no corn, no spelt, etc).  I am still having no coffee.  I just wish I knew what was causing the erthema nodosum.  The first time I had it was when I had Fifths Disease ( a virus I caught from my kids) back in July 2010.

I was told to keep running as it should help me get over  this  bout more quickly.  I ran 6 miles today.  Who knows how bad the lumps would be if I weren't doing all of these things.

I can't worry about it. I know that doesn't help anything.

Matthew 6
Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship