Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Why does God make dog "man's best friend"?


Olivie'- our newest furry friend- 8 month old Deaf, papillion/ poodle
I heard someone say they think they figured out why God makes man crazy about dogs?  So we know how God feels about us... I mean how is it that a furry little face can make us happy and down right joyful?  How is it that when our dog is sick we can get sick with worry?  How is it that we are SOOOO excited because our dog is soooo smart because he can fetch or "shake"?   How is it that a creature so inferior to us can have  our hearts?  I think that is the way God feels about us.  We are so inferior to Him, just as dogs are to us.  He can understand everything and we can understand ...practically nothing, just like our dogs.  We are thinking, feeling, and complex ...compared to our dogs.   Yet, any dog lover will tell you that their little furry friend is just that...a furry little friend.
I had Lupe', my chihuahua for 15 years... she died 8 months ago...I miss her.
Here is Dirk', our 8 year old Schnoodle with her.

Comments

  1. Love your blog! Read yours about the dogs. I have a little dog that need a good home. She is precious and was expensive. Will give her to you if you'd like because I know you and your children would love and take care of her... and you have another dog that I know would be good company. She loves to play. Pepper is a tagged pure bred black with some white mini-schnauzer. She has been spayed. Gail - call or email me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship