Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Easter bunny vs The Cross

My sister and I (I am on the right)..


Here it is....another Easter!  I am so thankful for what the LORD has done.   Yes, life is still difficult at time.  The daily grind that we all have can take a toll,  if we focus on that instead of the eternal perspective.  For me, it is raising one child with medical issues ..and another child with emotional issues from being in a Russian orphanage crib for 12 months without enough food or physical touch.   But, do I have joy?   Yes!  Why?  Because I do believe that God loves me and He has it all under His control.  I trust His hand and His heart.  

When I was a child, Easter was all about the stuffed bunny and the candy eggs that I would find.  Now, I am so grateful that I have a greater appreciation and understanding of the Love that took Christ to the cross...and then to the right hand of the Father!     Now, I see it is the cross, His Resurrection and His love that we should celebrate!     Happy Easter! (1 John 3:16 16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for each other).


1 Corinthians 13 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I am so thankful that His gospel is fully known to me. ..and praying that you clearly see it.


“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…” -Romans 3:23
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” -John 3:16
“…Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved…” -Acts 16:31

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship