Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Dove Awards 2011- 42nd Annual Dove Awards

One of my sweet friends gave us her two tickets to the 42nd Annual Dove Awards. They will air on Easter on the Gospel Music Channel. The Dove Awards were held at the Fox theater ...here in Atlanta.   We didn't get home until after 1:30 am.  The lack of sleep was worth it.  Chris Tomlin started the awards show with a GREAT performance.  We saw Mary Mary sing next. We also saw Kenny Rogers and Point of Grace perform  a song together.  A Christian rapper named LeCrae had a high energy performance. All of the female Vocalist of the Year nominees came  together on stage to sing Sandi Patty songs: Those nominees were Natalie Grant, Francesca Battistelli, Janet Paschal, Laura Story, Britt Nicole, Audrey Assad and Kerrie Roberts.   That was truly beautiful!  There were many more singers... and Chonda Pierce, the comedian who entertained us was soooo funny.   http://www.chonda.org/home.html (check her out here)...

 I am too tired to type more... so you will have to watch it on Easter.   Thanks, Kathy Lee ...we had a great time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship