Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Hiding Place


Sometimes we just need a hiding place; a place to be protected either mentally, physically, emotionally, or all of the above. I am so guilty of not going to the correct hiding place for comfort and protection. Too often I fall back into old habits of looking to other things to temporarily comforting me instead of going to the ONE that can give that comfort permanently. Sometimes I am mad and don't want to go to Him. "How could He allow this to happen to me? To us?" Sometimes I am hurt and He is the last I want to run to....my own pride is in the way.

God gave me such a good picture of this a few days ago. I was cutting the grass and I noticed a "leaf" that I was about to run over with the mower..but I stopped and looked again. A butterfly, a beautiful, black butterfly with blue detail. ..a black swallowtail butterfly like the photo above, except for one major detail. It had a torn wing. It appeared as if a bird had attempted to eat it and decided better of it. So, it laid there unable to do much other than hop around. I shut off the mower and gently picked it up and placed it on a butterfly bush. It did NOT want me to pick him up as he was thrashing around the best he could....if only it could understand that I was trying to help him. If only it understood that I had the knowledge and material (the butterfly bush) where he could live at least a few more days if not weeks, in peace. He immediately jumped off the "hiding place" into the heat of the grass. Again, I gently picked him up, sheltering him from the sun, and placed him on a flower. Again, he jumped out of the safe hiding place, onto the grass. At this point, I picked him up again and moved him into the shade and a large batch of Mexican petunia. He stayed and I watched him for awhile ...walking away...thinking. If the butterfly had just stayed the first time, he wouldn't have been so stressed. If he had just trusted me to help him, it would haven't fallen over and over again. How like people! We don't want to trust the LORD. We don't want to REST in His hands...especially when we are scared and tired.
Relax in his hands. Seek him for protections. Let Him spread protection over you !

Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Psalm 5:11But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship