Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

KEEP GOING! Stay!

I have been studying through Thessalonians for the past several months.   
1 Thess 1: 2-9 says... 
We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly[a] mentioning you in our prayers,remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. For we know, brothers[b] loved by God, that he has chosen you,because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake. And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you received the word in much affliction, with the joy of the Holy Spirit, so that you became an example to all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia.For not only has the word of the Lord sounded forth from you in Macedonia and Achaia, but your faith in God has gone forth everywhere, so that we need not say anything. For they themselves report concerning us the kind of reception we had among you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God

Do you see that?  It does matter how you act.  People are watching.  Beth Moore said the "I don't care what anybody thinks about me or how this looks"is an irresponsible Christian ethic. .. and I agree.   We need to realize that people are watching us and want to see if they want anything to do with us or our Savior.

Does that mean everyone will like us?  That everyone will be kind to us?  Nope...   So what are we to do?
Out of a grateful heart, you keep doing good.   It doesn't earn us a thing, but it is a sacrifice of love to our savior and might be a living example of how Christ has changed you and me.  

Keep going!  Keep loving!  Keep being vulnerable! 
Stay! 

God is with you and HE is able to accomplish what He wishes!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship