Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

First Calling

Sometimes people question why we do what we do.  Sometimes it is for good reasons, while other times it is they believe their calling should be yours,  However, there are many callings that God has given us that we all are to hear and place into action.  So, what was our "First calling"?

It actually is seen in the first book of the bible, Genesis: 1 :28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
1. Have families

2. Take care of the earth.


A calling we see over and over in the New Testament is to Love the Lord your God.. and to Love your neighbor as yourself.

I think as a society, we stink, at all three of these.  Families are no longer priority over wealth.... and we aren't willing to sacrifice is order to the do the best thing for our kids (especially if that best thing is harder). 

The earth and His animals?   It makes me angry that our law makers have made it illegal to video abuse in the animal industry (farming/ food processing/ medical use of animals).   Even doctors make it a secret as to where some of our medicines come from.   Did you know that Premarin ( a medicine used often in the USA for menopausal women) comes from Pregnant-Mare-Urine?  These poor mares stand 24 hours a day with a catheter attached ...given not as much water as they need... and their babies are taken from them and destroyed..

How can the USA, the land of the free, allow such horrible abuse?  Money!
Greed!   Sin!  Not placing what is best for man or animal first!  Forgetting our first calling!!

So, what can we do?  Move into action.... live out the importance of  family and do what you can to leave the world better than before you were born...


We have three kids (two bio/ one adopted)... all mine.  My family.

We weekly help at a homeless shelter for horses ...and other animals.  Horses are so much like dogs: smart, bonded with humans and other horses, understanding Human words, affectionate, etc...

Here are just a few of their faces at Save the Horses in Cumming,GA   www.savetheHorses.org











I don't think any of us will regret answering the first calling... investing in our families and His earth.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship