Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Goodbye 2012. Hello, 2013


My class put on a Christmas play and my son, John-Michael, was a wise man.  I think the children 
learned things, had fun, and made memories. 

 We were sad that Albert, the goat at Save The Horses, ended up dying from Goat Polio.  We was well loved and will certainly be missed.

 I tried my hand at pet portraits over Christmas break.  Hopefully, they 
will improve the more I do them. It was fun though. 

The children eagerly awaited Christmas morning.  John-Michael's favorite
gift was a drum set.  Madeline's favorite
gift was a karaoke machine.  And ... Noah's favorite gift was a couple of Wii U games.   It certainly has been louder in my house. :)

 Dirk, our 10 year old Schoodle had unexpected surgery.
We noticed that he have several knots on his chest and back and a red growth in his mouth. He hasn't had his stitches out yet, but the pathology report showed the knots were just cysts and the one in his mouth was an overgrowth of  the nerve covering ..also known as NF ..neurofibromatosis.  ..the SAME thing John-Michael  has.  Weird.  The vet said Dirk will be fine but the mouth growth could grow back ..and he would need surgery once again.  John-Michael though it was "cool" that Dirk has the same kind of tumor as he does.
We baby sat a cat for 3 weeks so a family friend could get it to their children as  a Christmas  surprise. 

She is a little tiny peanut.  We all had great fun taking care of her.   We were able to visit her in her new home yesterday.  ..where she decided to nap on John-Michael.  It looks like she is quite happy with her new family. 

I am amazed at how much my oldest has grown... inches away from catching up with his dad.  I wonder how much more all three kids will grown in 2013.   ..and how much more our grocery bill with grow. :LOL..
Parenting is probably the hardest thing I have
ever attempted to do.   One of my kids ..that will be unnamed... was put on restriction for being cruel to a friend.  As parents, we try to come up with a way to help them to learn from their mistakes and choose kindness or obedience the next time they have an opportunity to do so.  So... we thought  that this child would benefit from having a lack of stuffed animals for a week.   Well, our child did this.... just made a stuffed animal.   UGGGHHH... Parenting is sooooo hard.   It absolutely keeps me humble... keeps me seeking in His face,  and keeps me in His word.   It is my constant prayer request... wisdom as we parent..and the ability to follow through. 

Colossians 2: 1-  I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. 2 My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. 5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.



Comments

  1. That's pretty good thinking on the stuffed animal on "the un-named one"

    Hope we BOTH have a great 2013

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship