Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Whatcha doing?


 Whatcha been doing?  It has been almost a week since I blogged.  John-Michael tried to do his MRI without sedation..it didn't go well the first time around.   Thankfully, we went to the Children's Healthcare at Webb Bridge just a few days ago..and they did it!  He was able to get his MRI without sedation.  Dr. Bodyston gave him a good report ..and said we will have a MRI next July to check on the tumors by his spine.

We are so thankful to have that behind us.
Today is a good day.    Even with the record temperatures in metro Atlanta, we had the blessing of suite seats (air conditioning including).  The Braves won! 



 We are enjoying the dinner-plate hibiscus by the pond.  I am enjoying my blue-dipped hair (already had pink and purple..it only last a few weeks).


I ran my 2nd Peachtree race on the 4th... I was 2 minutes slower than last year..but it was hotter than last year, too!    The Peachtree is a fun race... crazy costumes.. kids cheering... bands playing...

 We enjoyed the 4th of July with some of our best friends... and the kids thought it was a blast to have  a few fireworks to set off in the neighborhood.



 Trudy was bitten in the face by another horse at the rescue.  She is totally blind and can't see the warnings that the other horse is giving.  So, that horse took her "not backing up" as aggression  towards him..and so, he bit her in the face.  People are the same way.  We get mad or hurt because we feel that someone is being mean to us ..or not heeding our warnings.... and then, we ..or they... bite back.   We have to always assume that people aren't trying to step on our toes...  We have to be grace-givers.
Madeline and I went out this morning for a little  5 mile run.  She skated while I ran.  Nearly the entire time, I  was praying for cooling rain!


Here is a little I have been studying... so whatcha been doing???? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship