Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Feeling like Pâté

Pâté (French pronunciation: [pɑte]; UK: /ˈpæteɪ/, US: /pɑˈteɪ/) is a mixture of cooked ground meat and fat minced into a spreadable paste.

Trust has always been an issue for me.  ...  My distrust of God's plan and love for me used to be strong.  I am so much better about knowing God's word and knowing His character that when daily life isn't so daily... or just isn't easy... I am usually..  able to quickly state the truth (He is slow to anger/ abounding in love)..and go on with life. 

This week..it has been much more difficult.  I discovered John-Michael has two fibromas on his arm and two pecan sized fibromas by or on his spine.  The pea-sized ones on his back are now gumball sized.  John-Michael is growing...and with his body makes growth hormone...this happens.   His next Mri isn't until June.  I refuse to loose my joy and waste my time worrying.  It isn't good for John-Michael, me, or anyone else in my family.

Secondly,  I found out a woman I trusted..gave time, energy, food, money, etc..to for over a year was scamming me and many of my friends.  She said she had cancer and as a result, we watched her young children, brought meals, cooked food... and gave money for her "medical bills'.  The part that hurts most is she KNOWS that John-Michael really does have tumors...  heartbreaking.

Thirdly, we have many other BIG issues that need equally BIG decisions, decisions that need answers that aren't black and white in the Bible.    Please, those who love us, pray for us.

I am thankful that if I choose to go to God...if I choose to open His word... He isn't silent.  I told a friend.. yesterday... that I was worried  and I told her that I knew I wasn't suppose to be.  I told her I knew the Bible verse " Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God".. (Phillipians 4:6)  I also told her I was having a very hard time doing that.

Yesterday afternoon I opened my Bible and opened my  devotion (Jesus Calling) to the devotion for April 18th.  Here it is:
Bible Verses: Exodus 16:14-20, Philippians 4:6-7, Philippians 4:19, Hebrews 4:16

Peace is my continual gift to you. It  flows abundantly from My throne of grace. Just as the Israelites could not store up manna for the future but had to gather it daily, so it is with My Peace. The day by day collecting of manna kept My People aware of their dependence on Me. Similarly, I give you sufficient Peace for the present, when you come to me by prayer and petition with thanksgiving. If I gave you permanent Peace, independent for My presence, you might fall into the trap of self-sufficiently. may that never be?   I have designed you to need Me ..moment by moment. As your awareness of your neediness increases, so does your realization of My abundant sufficiency.  I can meet every one of your needs without draining My resources at all.  Approach My throne of grace with bold confidence, receiving My Peace with a thankful heart.

Comments

  1. Here are a few more verses I have found encouraging when tempted to worry or yield to hurt feelings... "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast,
    because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever,
    for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal. " Isaiah 26:3-4 and "In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and He answered by setting me free." Psalm 118:5. Thanks for sharing your heart. Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to post this to encourage you. I was thinking of writing something on it soon. " Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism." Col. 3:23-25. The good works you displayed towards that woman and her family were seen by God... and He delights in you doing that. When we serve in love, sometimes we can't see the fruit of our labor, but God uses it. Be blessed and keep loving those He brings in your path, as unto Him. He is worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki... thank you for taking me to the Rock higher than I! See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship