Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Communication...

Communication...seems to be a theme around my house lately.  Russell and I are doing well, but we are trying to communicate more effectively with one another.  He is so logical..and I am so emotional..that's the way we generally communicate.  It is hard to meet in the middle.

Communication... trying to communicate with a teenager and a pre-teen in a way that doesn't frustrate or anger them ..or myself...  is  difficult!  LOL... Still trying...

Yesterday, we were able to go to the horse rescue (www.savethehorses.org). ... to groom and spend time with a few horses.   The more time I am there..the harder it is to understand how any human in good conscience could have anything to do with horse slaughter.  In one video, you will see how Clover is neighing for her friend, Sky..  She doesn't stop calling for Sky..until Sky is back in the paddock with her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dncekf75Q
I couldn't get the video to post..but the link is above.  She calls and calls..frantically..until Sky comes back. Here is Sky with me...



The next video is of Madeline, John-Michael and myself with Lucy and Deja.  John-Michael is talking sweet words to Deja while grooming her.  You will see how much sweet Deja likes this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship